All companies dream of one thing: reducing costs while increasing profits. But there are some areas where reducing costs is not profitable. Translation is a perfect example. No matter what media or content a company wants to translate, it would be easy to think that a translation is possible at a lower cost. This impression is largely due to the existence of machine translation tools or people offering "low cost" services on the Internet: in both cases, one comes to think that translation costs next to nothing.
But the truth is quite different. In fact, skimping on the translation budget could cost your company far more than using professional, quality translation services.
There are many reasons why professional translation services are important. By opting for amateur translators or machine translation tools, you will inevitably encounter problems. Here are a few reasons why economy should not be sought at all costs.
- Accuracy: typing a series of words into an automatic tool will only result in a literal translation of those words. This is not how language works. Sentences written or spoken have different nuances. The meaning goes beyond the word itself. Professional translators are well aware of this and offer you accurate translations.
- The loss of profits: when a translation is not worthy of the name, your company can suffer. If the natives of the language do not understand the translation, or if the translation does not convey the right message, the bill can be much higher than the initial investment in the translation itself.
- Legal problems: In some cases, a translation error can lead to legal concerns. Compliance issues, or security issues in the medical field, can have serious consequences if you don't translate things correctly. You may face significant fines and penalties. So it's better to invest in a translation you can trust.
However, there are a few ways to reduce the overall cost of translation without giving up the quality you deserve. Here are some tips on how to fit a project into your budget:
- Write your text with translation in mind.
- Avoid making changes to your text during the translation process.
- Gather your documents to be translated into a single project, rather than multiplying small projects.
- Call on a professional translation service that will offer you good rates and good results.
These tips can be of great help to you. A professional translation agency will be able to help you make sure that your project fits within your budget, taking into account the situation.
By using a trusted translation service provider, you will actually benefit from a better quality/price ratio. The translation may cost you a little more, but it is an investment worth making. You can count on Universalis Translation to provide you with the translation you deserve. Contact our team to find out more.
Written by Olivia KingSTART NOW