New York is one of the most ethnically, culturally and even linguistically diverse states in the US. No place demonstrates this better than New York City! If you ask someone the first thing they think of about New York City, you’d get dozens of answers, all of them correct. Food, tourism, finance, sales, entertainment, almost any industry in the world is represented here. New York is a place where people of all origins and languages mix, exchanging information, buying, selling and competing for the economic market. New York City has a complex blend of languages. Instead of being intimidated by that, use our translation services to help you reach out to everyone who wants what you sell, not only those who speak your language. Keep reading to learn more about the linguistic landscape of New York City.
People who live, work or visit bring their languages, traditions, aspirations and skills to New York City. If you do business in NYC and your goods cater to a multilingual audience, you can not afford not to use language services. Customers like to communicate in their native languages, and a company that takes this to heart would increase their marketing prospects, increase their follow-up, and boost the image of their product.
Language barriers make life more difficult in almost every way, from tiny grievances to emergency situations. Language barriers can make it difficult for people to find the service they are searching for and to have a hard time understanding of the directions during practice or in a medical setting. It also isolates people and makes access to social support more difficult. In the fall of 2011, Executive Order 26 was signed by Governor Cuomo, mandating NY State departments serving the public to provide language support to non-English speakers. This should be a wake-up call to see how much translation services are needed for anyone doing business or working with the government in New York City and New York State. The order was a call to cross the gap with translation and interpretation facilities in New York City.
Nearly half of the people in New York speak English as their primary language. The other half of New York City's population speaks a variety of languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Bengali, Korean and Russian. The Spanish speakers are rising populations in New York City and the rest of the United States. English to Spanish and Spanish to English translations are often requested and are becoming more relevant as this influential group uses their expertise and purchasing power.
Chinese-speaking populations are not far behind in the city's growth and purchasing power. Real estate and retail investments in New York are increasingly preferred by Chinese investors, whose procedures also include legal and financial translators and interpreters. Our translation agency regularly helps people from all over the world engage with English-speaking people in New York City. We translate several different documents to assist non-English speaking people of New York City: from contract translation to education, from insurance benefits to the translation of information for museum visitors, our translation from English to French helps to overcome language barriers for tourists and residents in New York City every day.
Which languages will your company or corporation be aware of when it comes to operation or advertising to a diverse population in a particular neighborhood in New York City? Let's look at the five boroughs and find out which languages are the most prevalent in each.
- The Bronx. The Bronx hears Bengali, Spanish, French, Russian and Albanian every day. The medical, retail and hospitality industries, all of which rely heavily on translation services, employ a large number of Bronx residents so that they can serve their customers and patients in their language by translated documents, translating products and customer services in the language of their clients.
- Brooklyn. The largest borough of the city has languages such as English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Yiddish and French, which dominate Brooklyn.Such industries require high standards of industry-specific translation as well as multilingual customer service, and telephone and consecutive interpretations are also common.
- Home of the Financial District, the most famous languages in Manhattan are English, Spanish, Chinese, French, Korean and Japanese. Financial translation services hold financial documents in line for Manhattan companies and organizations of all sizes.
- Staten Island. French, Spanish, Russian and Italian can be heard in the air of Staten Island. Staten Island is popular with tourists who need translated documents such as brochures and maps. Interpreters and bilingual tour guides are useful for resources such as seminars and tours.
- The Queens is the queen of linguistic diversity, holding the Guinness World Record for being the most ethnically and linguistically diverse neighborhood in the world, with over 130 languages spoken over 108 square miles of land. In Queens, you will often hear Tagalog, Greek, Turkish and Swedish, as well as any other language on this list. The manufacturing of goods and services is a major industry in Queens. Import and export include the transcription of multilingual documents such as invoices, bills of lading, contracts and insurance certificates.
Such communities and the greater New York City area are home to thousands of people who want to connect, read, shop, learn and do business in their native languages.
Universalis Translation will help you identify all the elements needed to help consumers of your organization's services or to market your products to a multilingual population like New York City.
- Website translation Services. Website translation is one of the quickest and most successful ways to bring attention to your business and to represent your users in their native languages.
- Document translation Services. Document translation for companies may be for internal use, such as employee training manuals and company by-laws, or external, such as formal business plans, contracts and proposals. To order to improve multilingual interaction in a complex relationship, different types of documents can be easily translated.
- Marketing translation. Translation for a marketing campaign involves working with physical and virtual advertisements, video and audio content, social media posts, product descriptions, blogs, brochures, conferences, TV and online advertising and more. Value advertising translation is important to the success of the project. We use only native skilled translators and a knowledgeable group of language services experts to ensure authenticity.
When you partner with our Language Services Agency for your translation and interpretation needs, you can provide support and guidance from or professional customer service staff, plus quality assurance, continuity and reliability in our services offering. You know your product will be localized and culturally relevant. No matter how complex the project is, you must provide production that has been subjected to stringent performance checks by professional translators and linguists in your industry.
Contact Universalis Translation to start a conversation about your multilingual communication needs and find out where language services can support your business.